Decadence in a glass. The Mudslide is a glorified coffee/ice-cream thick shake, with chocolate syrup drizzled down the side of the glass for added impact.
The original alcoholic version is based around Kahlua, Irish Cream Liqueur, Vodka and Ice Cream. Which would knock your socks off. This one is gentler (although not on your waistline), and a meal in itself, especially when you add whipped cream on top.
- Vanilla ice cream
- Cold coffee
- Chocolate syrup to decorate
- Optional whipped cream and chocolate shavings to decorate
- Make a cup of black coffee and cool in fridge.
- Blend equal parts of ice cream and coffee
- Drizzle chocolate syrup around the sides of a glass
- Gently pour the coffee ice cream mixture into the glass, over the back of a spoon
- Optionally garnish with whipped cream and shaved chocolate curls
I have to admit, I used cacao syrup instead of chocolate syrup. I hopped off the bus a little early this morning and found the most amazing health food shop in Crows Nest, with healthy alternatives to everything, including chocolate syrup. You can’t tell the difference when you drink it, and I’ll probably get another one when this one finishes.
I also didn’t include any measurements on this drink. Basically it was equal proportions of cold black coffee and ice cream.
You don’t really need the topping – or at least the whipped cream. It looks pretty enough without it, as long as you have the chocolate syrup. There was no need to add any sugar or other ingredients. My son thought it was just perfect to cure his hangover. 🙂
Next time I’ll take more care with the syrup decorating the glass. It does look nicer when it drizzles from the top of the glass, compared to the halfway point in my pictures.