Equal parts milk and ice cream, with a dash of peppermint essence. And made Christmassy with some crumbled candy canes on top of whipped cream.
- Vanilla ice cream
- Peppermint essence
- Optional whipped cream and candy cane to garnish
- Add equal parts ice cream and milk to a blender
- Add a dash of peppermint essence
- Blend and pour into a shot glass, or any other glass, really
- Optionally decorate with whipped cream and a smashed candy cane
All you really need is the milk, ice cream and peppermint essence.
But to make it Christmassy, and add to the peppermint flavour, you need to add some whipped cream to form a base for the crushed candy canes.
This is nice and light (without the whipped cream). You could down it in one shot, hence the choice of glass. Next time I will experiment with sprinkling candy canes directly on the shot, without whipped cream…