Old-fashioned strawberry lemonade…
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 ½ cups water
- Zest from one lemon
- 1 ½ cups fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbspns pureed strawberries per person
- strawberries, to garnish
- fresh mint leaves, to garnish
- Place sugar and water in saucepan.
- Bring to boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Cool slightly.
- Add lemon juice and zest to the sugar syrup.
- Cool completely.
- Pour the lemonade syrup into a bottle with a tight lid and keep in fridge for up to 3 weeks.
- To serve, place ice cubes in the bottom of a glass.
- Add ¼ cup of the lemon syrup
- Add 2 tablespoons of puree of fresh strawberries into each glass.
- Fill cup with ice water or soda water.
- Garnish with strawberries and mint