This version is ready-to-serve – no need to add soda water.
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup fresh orange juice (about 6 oranges)
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- orange slices, to garnish
- fresh mint leaves, to garnish
- Place sugar and 1 cup water in saucepan.
- Bring to boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Cool slightly.
- Add orange and lemon juice to the sugar syrup and stir.
- Add remaining 3 cups water and stir.
- Cool completely.
- Pour the orangeade into a bottle with a tight lid and keep in fridge for up to 3 weeks.
- To serve, place ice cubes in the bottom of a glass.
- Garnish with slices of orange and sprigs of mint.