This one came from a glut of mandarins at home – we bought a bag two weeks in a row and were a little slow in eating them, ending up with a surplus that had to be used quickly.
Using the basic agua fresca approach detailed at https://www.mistressofmocktails.com/agua-fresca/, the ingredients were simply mandarins, water, agave syrup, lime – and I try to have limes around whenever I can.
Too nice to have alone, this is a recipe for 2.
- Reserve 2 mandarin segments as a garnish
- 4 medium mandarins – enough to make 2 cupfuls
- 2 cups water
- 2 tspn agave syrup
- 1 lime, juiced
- Blend the fruit, water and sweetener
- Sieve, if it looks too pulpy (I didn’t)
- Test for sweetness first and adjust if necessary
- Server over ice.
Keywords: mocktail, mandarin, agua fresca
Here are the starting ingredients:
I used the glass I was serving in, as the measure for how many mandarins were required.