Hot mulled cider
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: beverage, mocktail
- Method: boil, stir
- Cuisine: Australian
This recipe was based on one at http://pallensmith.com/recipes/recipe/hot-mulled-cider/ – I basically halved the recipe and Australianised it. Paul has a fantastic range of recipes on his site, with YouTube videos so you can watch him make it.
It really was hard to just have one of these. A lot better than expected – this is a great recipe.
- 1 litre apple juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- orange slices to garnish
- Simply mix all the ingredients (except the garnish) in a saucepan
- Stir over medium heat until it begins to boil
- Reduce the heat and let it simmer about 15 minutes.
- Garnish with orange slices to serve
Keywords: gluhwein mocktail, hot mulled cider
Luckily Woolies has the juices in 1 litre boxes.
Make sure it doesn’t boil too long or you’ll lose the clarity. Reduce heat and simmer.