- Prep Time: 2 mins
- Total Time: 2 mins
- Yield: 1
- Category: beverage, mocktail
- Method: pour
- Cuisine: Australian
This is so addictive. Pink grapefruit cordial mixed with soda water, it’s the perfect pre-dinner drink. Just get some.
Woolworths, Coles and specialty stores all now have fantastic ranges of fruit cordials these days. I started taking cordials seriously after discovering a ginger and rhubarb cordial at an exotic deli in Crows Nest and then discovered the pleasures of elderflower and pomegranate cordial from Woolies. Discovering this pink grapefruit flavour was a happy day, as I’ve always loved pink grapefruit, since having a tree in the backyard growing up. Heavenly!
- Bickfords pink grapefruit cordial
- Soda water
- Garnish with slice of pink grapefruit and sugar-rimmed glass
- Decorate the glass by pressing the rim of the glass into your grapefruit to wet it (or a lemon, or water, if you don’t have one)
- Then press the rim into a plate of sugar, to make pretty
- Fill glass halfway with ice cubes
- Prepare your soda water – either bottled, or fizz it in a sodastream
- Add cordial and soda water to taste – roughly 1 part cordial to 4 parts water
- Garnish with a slice of grapefruit.
Keywords: grapefruit fizz, grapefruit mocktail