Others have like this, but maybe I was a little heavy handed with the vanilla. A poor second to the honey blackberry mint mocktail. This recipe was based on https://www.lafujimama.com/blackberry-vanilla-mocktail/, with its beautiful imagery.
- 1/3 cup fresh blackberries
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Soda water
- Muddle the blackberries, lemon juice, vanilla and honey, in the bottom of a glass
- Pour mixture through a fine mesh strainer, and again through a coffee filter until clear
- Pour over ice, and fill glass with soda water
- Garnish with fresh blackberries and mint leaves
It really depends on the ingredients. I think this vanilla extract was quite strong, compared to the standard vanilla essence, and I put a bit too much in, overpowering everything else.
Persevered and made it, but somehow it wasn’t quite there.
Check out the honey blackberry mint mocktail instead.